Doctor of Philosophy - Archi̇tecture
- 4 years
- 11,500 EUR
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
Studying for a doctorate in architecture entails questioning the interdisciplinary structure in human-environment studies; rethinking issues such as spatial experience; environmental meaning; urban memory; image, identity, aesthetics, and ethics; and developing new approaches, strategies, and models for design, theory/criticism, and application in architecture.
It's being able to objectively assess situations. Creating novel design strategies for architectural design education and the generation of architectural design knowledge; gaining an appreciation for and insight into architecture in the context of other disciplines.
PhD - 7 courses, seminar, thesis
- Fee per course - 500 EUR
- Thesis fee per semester - 500 EUR
- Seminar fee per semester - 350 EUR
- Registration fee per semester - 150 EUR
- Per Deficiency (bridging) course fee (if assigned) - 250 EUR
- English Preparatory Program (if assigned) per semester - 813 EUR
Requirements for applicants
- Completed application form
- Short Thesis Proposal
- Letter of intent stating the reason of applying
- An official transcript of all university-level courses you have taken
- A comparative mark/grade table if CGPA on the transcript is not out of 4.00
- Attested scanned copies of diplomas received from a university or equivalent institutions
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests (see details about the EPE Exam below)
NOTE: The result of evaluation is announced within 5 working days after all required documents received and interview (if required) conducted.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUREMENTS:
- ELPE (ARUCAD’s English Language Placement Examination) - 80
- KPDS /ÜDS / YDS / YÖKDİL - 70
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) - Minimum 6.00
- TOEFL IBT(Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language) - Minimum 70
- TOEFL CBT (Computer-based Test of English as a Foreign Language) - Minimum 197
- TOEFL PBT (Paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language) - Minimum 530
- English Language GCE/IGCSE (General Certificate of Education/ International General Certificate of Secondary Education) - Minimum B
- FCE (First Certificate in English) - Minimum B
- CPE/CAE (Certificate of Proficiency in English - Minimum B
- SAT (The SAT Reasoning Test) - Reading and Writing: Minimum 440
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) - Minimum 71
- English Language WAEC/WASSCE (West African Examinations Council) - Minimum C5
Note: Unless one of the above mentioned is satisfied upon arrival, new students will take English Language Placement Exam (ELPE). The passing score is 80. Students who pass ELPE are allocated to the programme of study, otherwise to English Preparatory Programme for a semester or a year.
PERSONAL PORTFOLIO FILE
The portfolio may contain the following types and/or different original studies
- Free or model drawing
- Experimental video – short films
- Color – Painting
- Graphic – Novel
- Thematic work
- Doodle and sketch
- Mixed material application
- Digital illustration
The Portfolio File must consist of min. 5, max. 10 works that represent the candidate. Portfolio content should be in the format appropriate for the candidate’s work. Please use a single PDF file and (mp4 for video) formats.
The interview will be done in person or via Skype, FaceTime, etc. We will inform you in advance about the date and time of the interview. The purpose of the interview is to collect information about the applicant and his/her interest in the field of art and design. Questions can be asked by the evaluation committee regarding the presentation and compilation of the candidate’s portfolio.
About the university
Arkin University of Creative Arts and Design (ARUCAD), established in 2017 in North Cyprus, is a specialized art institution that focuses solely on the creative and communicative arts. With a focus on traditional, modern, and contemporary art education and training, and recognizing the inseparable link between theory and practice, ARUCAD aspires to become one of the most prestigious universities in art education by helping its students continuously improve their creative productivity through interdisciplinary and cross-cultural programs.
All aspects of the classroom will promote a culture of respect for the natural world, recycling, health and safety, and cultural, racial, and religious diversity. The "learning while producing, producing while learning" model of education seeks to foster more in-depth creative and critical thinking by bringing together students' real-world experiences, academic studies, and professional work.
Using the ephemeral aspects of art, design, and communication, ARUCAD seeks to make cultural and intellectual contributions to society while also developing a higher education environment with a creative, egalitarian, and innovative perspective that will satisfy the requirements of the period.
The vision of ARUCAD is to create a space that is contemporary, innovative, questioning, and production-oriented, bringing together local and international art, design, and communication.