Master of Art - International Relations
- 2 years
- Upon request
- Oct 2022
- Feb 2022
- Bremen / Germany
The examination of politics outside the nation state is the substantive emphasis of our MA degree in International Relations (MAIR). This study issue is investigated from the perspectives of global governance and international political sociology, focusing on long-term processes of globalization, internationalized conflict, and expanding cross-border activity. The emphasis on these two views, as well as the explicit incorporation of general social theoretical concerns, distinguishes the MAIR. Students enroll in an all-English degree program that is small, relatively specialized, and intellectually difficult.
Constructor University Bremen and the University of Bremen jointly provide the curriculum. Constructor University was established in 1999 as Germany's first private international research university. The University of Bremen is a public university that is one of Germany's newest and most active research institutions. Both institutions have significant strengths in international relations and political science. As a result, the study is related to an appealing research environment. Following completion of the MAIR program, it is possible to continue on the PhD track at Bremen.
- Global Governance Theories and Issues
This discipline is concerned with the fundamental ideas and subjects of international relations, such as international security and international political economy.
- The Changing Global Governance Context
This discipline focuses on wider dynamics that influence international and transnational collaboration, such as state restructuring and the legalization of global politics.
- Social Order and Change Theory
This discipline is concerned with ancient, modern, and normative social theory.
This topic covers research design concerns and teaches students qualitative and quantitative research abilities.
Requirements for applicants
- Proof of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Ttranscript of undergraduate courses and grades with a GPA equivalent
- Proof of proficiency in English
- Motivation Letter
- English summary (1,000 words) of their bachelor’s or master’s thesis
- CV (in English)
About the university
Constructor University is one of the most internationally focused educational institutions in the globe and is located in Bremen, Germany. Since its inception in 2001, the university has attracted a diverse and talented student body from all corners of the globe.
More than 1,500 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 110 countries are presently residing on campus and being prepared for a global career in business and science.
Constructor University has a wide range of degrees that combine different fields of study, from the natural sciences, math, and engineering to the social sciences and economics.
Classes are small, and each professor works as a mentor and academic advisor for each student. From the first year of school, students are interested in research. Constructor University students learn to be responsible global citizens who can use the skills they've learned to make a change in the world.
Mission and goals
University goal is to inspire young, talented people, regardless of nationality, religion, or background, to become global citizens who can assume leadership and responsibility for the future sustainable and peaceful development of humanity through academic education, intensive support, and living together on an international campus.
From this mission statement, Constructor University has deduced four key goals for its educational profile:
- Quality is achieved, in part, by early student involvement in research projects, multidisciplinary instruction, and individualized academic mentoring.
- Individual development the development of social and self-competence in a diverse community.
- Interculturality fostering intercultural competence by residing on a campus with students from more than 110 different countries and learning there.
- Competence building providing the specialized and transdisciplinary skills necessary for a successful career in business or science.