Bachelor of Arts (Hons) - Computing
- 3 years
- 5,500 GBP/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- Multiple Locations / Germany , United Kingdom
- Arden University
Our BSc (Hons) Computing degree covers data analysis, cloud-based technologies, Java, and website coding and authoring (HTML, CSS). The course provides two job paths. Students interested in technological jobs can learn data mining/analysis and programming. Or, if you want a management job in IT, you can mix technical and management talents.
We've planned your learning activities so you'll have a foundation for continued skills growth throughout your career, such as knowing programming and coding so you can pick up future technical improvements easily. You'll graduate with lifelong, specialized skills and knowledge that employers in the computing industry value.
You are prepared for a wide range of potential professional choices following graduation with your computer degree from Arden University. Some of the careers that former Arden alumni have pursued include the following:
- Software development
- Software engineering
- Programming/ coding
- IT security management
- Teaching and lecturing
- Introduction to Academic Skills and Professional Development (Core)
- Introduction to Computer Systems and Security (Core)
- Introduction to Databases (Core)
- Introduction to Programming (Core)
- Introduction to Web Authoring (Core)
- Productivity and Collaboration Tools for Learning and Work (Core)
- Human Computer Interaction (Core)
- Data Analytics and Visualisation (Core)
- IT Project Management (Core)
- Systems Analysis and Design (Core
- Then choose 2 from:
- Advanced Databases (Elective)
- Digital Business (Elective)
- Object Oriented Programming (Elective)
- Ethics, Quality and Sustainability in Technological Environments (Elective)
- Data Mining (Core)
- Managing Innovation and Change (Core)
- Computing Project (Core)
- Choose 2 from:
- Information Security Management (Elective)
- Technology Entrepreneurship (Elective)
- Distributed and Cloud Computing (Elective)
- Web Application Development (Elective)
In Berlin Study Centre (Germany)
- Fee per level - 10,500 EUR
- Fee per level - 5,500 GBP
Requirements for applicants
- Two subjects at GCE A-Level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
- If you don’t currently hold the above qualifications, we also offer this course with an additional foundation year, which is designed for students who need extra support when starting their degree course.
We also usually ask you for a personal statement that demonstrates your motivations to study the course. We may also want references and evidence of relevant work experience.
- IELTS 6.0 (no less than 5.5 in any element); or TOEFL iBT 60-78; or equivalent
- Alternatively, evidence you have previously studied in English; a letter to show that the Medium of Instruction was in English can be accepted
About the university
Arden University provides flexible and accessible higher education. From our beginnings in 1990 as the online learning partner for British institutions, we've developed to provide both online and blended learning degree programmes that match the needs of modern living. We offer more than 90 career-focused degrees, many of which are recognised by the British Psychological Society, the Chartered Management Institute, the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation, the Association for Project Management, and others.
Our mission is to shape business. You choose the self-development course and learning style, and we'll provide you the skills and insight to succeed.
Many of our students work, have families, and other commitments while studying, yet they require a Degree, Master's, or MBA to maximize their career. We love offering students the flexibility to study and attain their goals, even when they're too busy to visit a study center or be on a schedule. We hope you'll join.