Bachelor of Arts (Hons) - Criminology and Psychology
- 3 years
- 5,500 GBP/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- Multiple Locations / United Kingdom
- Arden University
You'll establish a solid foundation in both criminology and psychology while exploring societal values and behaviors. This degree teaches students how to commit a crime and how the law treats it. You're in the proper place if you love debating society and criminal influences.
Our study centers in Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, London Tower Hill, and London Holborn offer this course using Arden's blended learning study mode. Students can also take the course completely online, giving them the flexibility of being able to do so from anywhere in the UK or the world.
Completing a criminology and psychology course can open up a world of opportunity. Just a few career options for you could include:
- Human Resources
- Community Safety
- Crime Prevention & Policing
- Legal & Prison Systems
- Becoming a Criminologist (20 credits)
- Introduction to Studying Psychology (20 credits)
- Social Psychology (20 credits)
- Crime, Media, Culture (20 credits)
- Working within the Criminal Justice System (20 credits)
- Developmental Psychology (20 credits)
- The Prison (20 credits)
- Personality and Intelligence (20 credits)
- Youth Crime and Justice (20 credits)
- Crimes of the Powerful (20 credits)
- Researching the Field (20 credits)
- Forensic Psychology (20 credits)
- Counselling Psychology, Mental Health and Illness (20 credits)
- Victimology (20 credits)
- Cyberpsychology (20 credits)
- Professional Practice: A Case Study (20 credits)
- Research Project (40 credits)
- Fee per level - 9,250 GBP
- Fee per level - 5,500 GBP
Requirements for applicants
- Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; OR
- Completed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent.
- If you don’t currently hold the above qualifications, we also offer this course with an additional foundation year, which is designed for students who need extra support when starting their degree course
- IELTS 6.0 (no less than 5.5 in any element); or TOEFL iBT 80; or equivalent
- Alternatively, evidence you have previously studied in English, such as a letter to show that the Medium of Instruction was in English, can be accepted.
About the university
Arden University provides flexible and accessible higher education. From our beginnings in 1990 as the online learning partner for British institutions, we've developed to provide both online and blended learning degree programmes that match the needs of modern living. We offer more than 90 career-focused degrees, many of which are recognised by the British Psychological Society, the Chartered Management Institute, the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation, the Association for Project Management, and others.
Our mission is to shape business. You choose the self-development course and learning style, and we'll provide you the skills and insight to succeed.
Many of our students work, have families, and other commitments while studying, yet they require a Degree, Master's, or MBA to maximize their career. We love offering students the flexibility to study and attain their goals, even when they're too busy to visit a study center or be on a schedule. We hope you'll join.