Bachelor of Arts (Hons) - Health and Care Management
- 3 years
- 5,500 GBP/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- Multiple Locations / Germany , United Kingdom
- Arden University
The BSc (Hons) Health and Care Management is the best option for those who are just starting out in the industry, for people who are already working in the field but want to move into management, and for managers who are already in the field but want to advance their careers. Our curriculum is in line with the expanding needs of the health and care industry, giving you the chance to acquire and perfect practical skills while earning an important credential. By taking this path, you can access a seemingly limitless number of interesting options and develop a profession that actually and significantly improves the lives of others.
In addition to having an excellent honors degree, the program has Chartered Management Institute accreditation (CMI). You will thus be awarded the CMI level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership following successful completion, proving your aptitude for management positions in the fields of health and social care. The course is recognized for its competence in teaching management and health and social care skills and may be used as a fast-track to professional development because it is endorsed by the Institute of Health & Social Care Management (IHSCM) and Skills for Care.
With a BSc Health and Care Management course under your belt, you could work in the National Health Service (NHS), in the vast social care sector, with a private healthcare provider, or for a voluntary or not-for-profit organisation in a range of settings
- Essential Skills for Health & Care Management
- Meeting the Needs of Service Users
- Planetary Health
- Health Promotion
- Supporting Dignity and Respect Through Ethical Principles and Theories
- Communication & Interprofessional Collaboration
- Leadership Theory & Concepts for Health & Care Management
- Fundamentals of Health & Care Finance
- Public Health
- Resource Planning in Multidisciplinary Working
- Digital Health Leadership
- Evidence Based Practice
- Global Health and Sustainability
- Health Analytics and Planning
- Total Quality Management in Health & Care
- Project Management
- Final Project
In Berlin Study Centre (Germany)
- Fee per level - 10,500 EUR
- Fee per level - 5,500 GBP
Requirements for applicants
- Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent
- If you don’t currently hold the above qualifications, we also offer this course with an additional foundation year, which is designed for students who need extra support when starting their degree course.
In addition, an apprenticeship route: the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship BSc (Hons) Health and Care Management (CMI) with NHS Mary Seacole Award is also available.
Do you have work experience? We’re happy to consider an application from you if you can show us that you have the motivation and relevant experience to study this health and care management degree. We’ll ask you for a personal statement that demonstrates your ability to study the course, along with references and evidence of your previous work experience.
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).
- Alternatively, evidence you have previously studied in English, such as a letter to show that the Medium of Instruction was in English can be accepted.
About the university
Arden University provides flexible and accessible higher education. From our beginnings in 1990 as the online learning partner for British institutions, we've developed to provide both online and blended learning degree programmes that match the needs of modern living. We offer more than 90 career-focused degrees, many of which are recognised by the British Psychological Society, the Chartered Management Institute, the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation, the Association for Project Management, and others.
Our mission is to shape business. You choose the self-development course and learning style, and we'll provide you the skills and insight to succeed.
Many of our students work, have families, and other commitments while studying, yet they require a Degree, Master's, or MBA to maximize their career. We love offering students the flexibility to study and attain their goals, even when they're too busy to visit a study center or be on a schedule. We hope you'll join.