Bachelor of Laws (Hons) - Law
- 3 years
- 5,500 GBP/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- Multiple Locations / United Kingdom
- Arden University
Arden's LLB (Hons) Law curriculum is best for lawyers. An LLB, often known as a Bachelor of Laws, can lead to numerous fulfilling legal and non-legal jobs, including media, politics, law enforcement, teaching, and more.
Our UK-based or online LLB program has been updated to meet UK legal practice norms. If you want to be a lawyer, you may now adapt your degree to the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE 1). If you want to become a barrister, you could take a Bar Training Course. European Union and International Law electives are especially useful if you live outside the UK, where common law is the rule.
We don't expect all students to know what they want to do with their lives, and this law course isn't just for lawyers. Our LLB program helps you develop critical thinking, effective communication, presentation, negotiation, and persuasion in your first few years of study, when you can also discover which parts of your legal degree excite you. You'll graduate with a well regarded degree and abilities in high demand across many modern vocations.
- English Legal System and Skills
- Public Law
- Tort 1
- Crime 1
- Civil Liberties in Practice
- Contract Law
- Tort 2
- Crime 2
- Land Law and Practical Skills
- Equity, Trusts and Wills
- Dispute Resolution
- Technology, Innovation and the Law
- Core modules (20 credits)
- Employment Law
- Optional professional practice modules
- SQE pathway recommended modules (20 credits)
- Business Law and Practice
- Solicitors Professional Practice
- Property Practice
- Law of Evidence
- Bar pathway recommended modules (20 credits)
- European Union Law
- Law of Evidence
- Optional modules (20 credits)
- Family Law
- Immigration and Asylum Law
- Placement and Pro Bono
- International Law
- International Commercial Law
- Legal Research Project
- Legal Dissertation (40 credits)
- Fee per level - 9,250 GBP
- Fee per level - 5,500 GBP
Requirements for applicants
- Three subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in four subjects at GCSE level or equivalent including GCSE English; or
- Completion of a recognised Access Programme or equivalent, such as our LLB (Hons) Law with Foundation Year.
We are happy to consider an application from you if you can show us you have the motivation to study this LLB degree, even if you do not currently meet our standard entry requirements. We’ll ask you for a personal statement that demonstrates your ability to study the course, as well as references and evidence of relevant experiences and/or previous qualifications.
Exemptions may be granted in respect of other prior qualifications subject to Arden’s APCL regulations.
- IELTS 6.0 (no less than 5.5 in any element); or TOEFL iBT 80; or equivalent
- Alternatively, evidence you have previously studied in English, such as a letter to show that the Medium of Instruction was in English can be accepted.
About the university
Arden University provides flexible and accessible higher education. From our beginnings in 1990 as the online learning partner for British institutions, we've developed to provide both online and blended learning degree programmes that match the needs of modern living. We offer more than 90 career-focused degrees, many of which are recognised by the British Psychological Society, the Chartered Management Institute, the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation, the Association for Project Management, and others.
Our mission is to shape business. You choose the self-development course and learning style, and we'll provide you the skills and insight to succeed.
Many of our students work, have families, and other commitments while studying, yet they require a Degree, Master's, or MBA to maximize their career. We love offering students the flexibility to study and attain their goals, even when they're too busy to visit a study center or be on a schedule. We hope you'll join.