Bachelor of Arts (Hons) - Psychology with Counselling
- 3 years
- 5,500 GBP/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- Multiple Locations / United Kingdom
- Arden University
Our BSc (Hons) Psychology with Counselling is for psychology majors who desire to work in counseling. It qualifies you for the British Psychological Society's independent route to counselling psychology training and supports applications for a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology or other counselling/wellbeing degrees.
Counselling helps people evaluate their experiences and learn ways to overcome harmful ideas and behaviors. Counsellors operate in private practice, government agencies, and for-profit and non-profit organizations. Social, cognitive, biological, developmental, and research methodologies are covered in your counselling degree. Counselling Psychology, Core Counselling Skills, Health and Psychological Well-being, Psychological Assessment, and Managing the Therapeutic Process are also offered.
Arden's specialized undergraduate counselling course gives you many job and education alternatives. Our specialized academic team—internationally known industry practitioners, published authors, and psychology PhD holders—will help you as you study with current, digital learning tools.
- Introduction to Studying Psychology (20 credits)
- Social Psychology (20 credits)
- Introduction to Research Methods (20 credits)
- Developmental Psychology (20 credits)
- Biological Psychology (20 credits)
- Cognitive Psychology (20 credits)
- Qualitative Research Methods (20 credits)
- Quantitative Research Methods (20 credits)
- Positive Psychology (20 credits)
- Personality and Intelligence (20 credits)
- Introduction to Counselling Psychology (20 credits)
- Core Counselling Skills (20 credits)
- Health and Psychological Well-being (20 credits)
- Psychological Assessment and Formulation (20 credits)
- Counselling Psychology, Mental Health and Illness (20 credits)
- Managing the Therapeutic Process (20 credits)
- Counselling Research Project (40 credits)
- Fee per level - 9,250 GBP
- Fee per level - 5,500 GBP
Requirements for applicants
- Passes at grade C or above in three subjects including mathematics at GCSE level or academic equivalent.
- If you do not have a GCSE or equivalent in mathematics you are strongly encouraged to complete an assessment-free module before the start of your course to substitute this.
Applicants may be considered based on a minimum of 12 months of relevant work experience. We’ll ask you for a personal statement that demonstrates your ability to study the course, along with references and evidence of your previous work experience.
- IELTS 6.0 (no less than 5.5 in any element); or TOEFL iBT 80; or equivalent
- Alternatively, evidence you have previously studied in English, such as a letter to show that the Medium of Instruction was in English can be accepted.
About the university
Arden University provides flexible and accessible higher education. From our beginnings in 1990 as the online learning partner for British institutions, we've developed to provide both online and blended learning degree programmes that match the needs of modern living. We offer more than 90 career-focused degrees, many of which are recognised by the British Psychological Society, the Chartered Management Institute, the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation, the Association for Project Management, and others.
Our mission is to shape business. You choose the self-development course and learning style, and we'll provide you the skills and insight to succeed.
Many of our students work, have families, and other commitments while studying, yet they require a Degree, Master's, or MBA to maximize their career. We love offering students the flexibility to study and attain their goals, even when they're too busy to visit a study center or be on a schedule. We hope you'll join.