Master - Product Design
- 1 year
- 25,700 EUR
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- Milan / Italy
- Domus Academy Milano
The Master of Product Design curriculum emphasizes hands-on learning in the form of workshops, complemented by lectures, tutorials, and field studies.
Studying design thinking from multiple perspectives and gaining practical experience are both integral parts of the Master of Product Design curriculum.
You'll get to collaborate with innovative product design, engineering, and business leaders on exciting projects.
You will gain the skills to assess the way an industry is headed, make educated predictions about its future, and chart uncharted territory in design, technology, fabrication, and distribution.
Students can apply to the Academic Master’s Programme (11 months), accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education, or to the Master of Arts degree (13-15 months) with an international UK validation.
Each Master's degree program consists primarily of workshops, with additional seminar, lecture, tutorial, and fieldwork components.
The Academic Master’s Programme path consists of 4 modules (course + workshop) plus 1 module including a professional experience and a final portfolio presentation.
The Double Award Master’s Programme path includes additional dedicated classes and a 6th module as Final Degree Project (within their academic year, students have the opportunity to spend a week at Regent’s University London for a London study trip experience, with special teaching activities and visits to the most significant sites for creative trends).
- Design Culture
- Design Formation
- Business for Design
- Professional Accelerator Activities
- Envisioning Advanced
- Design & Processes
ELECTIVE WORKSHOPS (One to be chosen among)
- Product Strategy
- Experience Design
- Identity Design
- Entrepreneurship through Design
- Tangible Interactions
- Service Design
The Master’s involves the following costs, in addition to the payment of a degree fee to be paid within one month before the course start date, equal to € 540 for the Academic Master’s Programme and € 650 for the Double Award Master’s Programme.
- Fee for Academic Master’s Programme is 25700.00 EUR for international students (pre-enrollment - 3000.00 EUR and tuition - 22700.00 EUR)
- Fee for Double Award Master’s Programme is 29700.00 EUR for international students (pre-enrollment - 3000.00E EUR and tuition - 26700.00 EUR)
You can choose to study with 2 months Online Preparatory Programme, which allows students to improve their knowledge and prepare for the challenging interdisciplinary approach of the master’s degree programmes.
- Fee for Online Preparatory Programme + Academic Master’s Programme is 27900.00 EUR for international students.
- Fee for Online Preparatory Programme + Double Award Master’s Programme is 31900.00 EUR for international students.
Requirements for applicants
- A first level academic degree (Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma) in fields related to the selected study programme
- Certificate of English language (IELTS 5.0 Academic or General)
- IELTS Academic or General - 5.0
- Cambridge English: First (FCE) - C or 154
- Cambridge English: Preliminary (PET) - Pass with merit/min. 159
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage/ BEC V or BEC Higher - No minimum score as long as passed
- Cambridge English: Business Preliminary/ BEC P - B1 – min 159
- Cambridge English: CAE – Advanced - No minimum score as long as passed
- Cambridge English: CPE – Proficency - No minimum score as long as passed
- Cambridge English: Linguaskill - 160
- TOEFL ibt (Reading/Listening/Speaking/Writing) - 45
- Trinity College Certificate - Integrated Skills in English (ISE level II – all 4 parts)
- PTE Academic - 36–42
- TEEP - 5
- TOEIC (provided that student passes all parts) - Listening and reading: score 600; Speaking: score 140; Writing: score 140
- BIEB - B1 – Level B2 Certificate in ESOL international (level 1)
- ESB: Esol – All Modes - Level 1 – All modes
DOUBLE AWARD MASTER'S
- A first level academic degree (Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma) not lower than 2:2 (British undergraduate degree classification) in fields related to the selected study programme.
- Applications are opened also to students holding a Bachelor’s Degree lower than 2:2 provided that they have also one year of relevant work experience.
- Certificate of English language (IELTS 5.5 overall and 5.5 in every single part on entry).
- All IELTS tests overall 5.5 (minimum 5.5 in each individual component)
- Pearson PTE minimum 58
- Trinity College London ISE II
- Cambridge Advanced pass
- Higher – 185 overall, including at least 176 in each skill
- Standard – 176 overall, including at least 169 in each skill
- Lower –169 overall, including at least 169 in each skill
About the university
Early in the 1980s, Milan became a center for Italian fashion and design. Yet, no one in the city was teaching design in a formal way. In order to fill this void and guide the next generation of designers, prominent art critics and designers saw a unique opportunity. Domus Academy was established in 1982 as Italy's first graduate school of design.
The founders wanted to create a school where people from all walks of life could learn from and teach to each other. A university that combines cutting-edge research and forward-thinking initiatives with the goal of advancing the field of design.
- Design Courses
- Fashion Courses
- Business Courses
- Experience Courses
Milan is a hub for avant-garde designers and artists who share your vision. Students will get the opportunity to meet some of Italy's most talented artists and designers at major architecture and design firms, cutting-edge advertising agencies, and stores carrying up-and-coming designer labels.