Bachelor - Software Engineering
- 4 years
- 6,000 USD/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- Istanbul / Turkey
- Istanbul Aydin University
The mission of the software engineering programme is to educate software engineers who can carry out studies through domestic and international collaboration and thus contribute to the development of the country and society, as well as to be able to produce effective solutions through the use of engineering approaches in the software life cycle, with ethical principles and life-cycle management.
Vision for the programme
- Being one of the leading Software Engineering departments in our country and the globe in scientific research, projects, and teaching that are desired on an international level.
- Educates competent engineers required by business, academia, and society on a national and international scale; being one of the leading Software Engineering departments in our country and the world in terms of projects and educational subjects sought on a global scale.
The program's goal
- Ability to use technical skills to build acceptable solutions that integrate ethical, social, legal, and economic goals.
- Recognize and use current theories, models, and techniques that serve as the foundation for software design, development, implementation, and verification.
- Ability to work well in a software development environment, to lead when required, and to communicate effectively with users, i.e. project management abilities
- Adopting the notion of life-long learning to continue professional and personal development
- General chemistry
- Professional english-1
- Computer programming-1
- Computer programming 1 lab
- Turkish language-1
- Business law and professional ethics
- Professional english-2
- Computer programming-2
- Computer programming 2 lab
- Turkish language-2
- Principles of ataturk and the history of revolutions-1
- Differential equations
- Data structures
- Principles of software engineering
- Object oriented programming lab
- Discrete mathematics
- Database systems-1
- Object oriented programming
- Principles of ataturk and the history of revolutions-2
- Linear algebra
- Numerical analysis
- Database systems-2
- Software requirements engineering
- Internet programming-1
- Analysis of algorithms
- Probability and statistics
- Theory of computation
- Computer organization
- Software construction
- Software project management
- Work placement-1
- Occupational health and safety
- Operations research
- Software quality and standards
- Software architecture
- Operating systems
- Work placement-2
- Graduation project-1
- Mobile application design and development
- Data mining
- Software testing and validation compulsory
- Work placement-3
- Graduation project-2
- Business application design and development
- Software metrics
Fee for two semester (1 year education) is 6,000 USD for international students.
Requirements for applicants
- High school diploma (a copy translated to Turkish or English)
- High school transcript (a copy translated to Turkish or English)
- A copy of all the grades of high school’s transcripts.
- Photocopy of the relevant pages of your passport
- 60 % marks (min) in High School
- For English degree program applicants: TOEFL score - 79 points/PTE (55) (If English is not the first/official language of the country). If students do not have TOEFL then he/she has to pass English Proficiency Exam, which will be held in IAU.
About the university
Istanbul Aydin University is a private university founded on May 18, 2007 in Istanbul, Turkey. The university is a technological center built on an area of 175,000 m2.
The university consists of many faculties, such as:
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty of Communications
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering - Architecture
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
As one of the youngest and most dynamic universities in the country, which is moving towards global education and international development, Istanbul Aydin University contributes by supporting education and research in modern sciences. Istanbul Aydin University is becoming increasingly popular among international students for education in various fields of science and technology.