Bachelor - Applied Artificial Intelligence
- 3 years
- 1,752 EUR/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- Berlin / Germany
The instruments of applied artificial intelligence are more present in our lives, and this trend is only expected to grow.
It's become second nature for many of us to use these phrases when interacting with chatbots and other personal digital assistants like Alexa and Siri.
But there is much more to be gained from Applied AI; it holds the key to revolutionary technologies that will transform our lives, such as self-driving automobiles.
There is a significant opportunity for companies to seize entire markets if they move quickly to adopt this technology and incorporate it into their business plan. There's a role for you, the future Applied AI expert, to play in this.
You'll be in high demand by many of the world's top technology companies once you've honed your skills in areas including speech and image processing, machine learning, robotics, user interface design, and software development.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction to Academic Work
- Introduction to Programming with Python
- Mathematics: Analysis
- Collaborative Work
- Statistics - Probability and Descriptive Statistics
- Object-Oriented and Functional Programming with Python
- Mathematics: Linear Algebra
- Intercultural and Ethical Decision-Making
- Statistics - Inferential Statistics
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Programming
- Machine Learning - Supervised Learning
- Machine Learning - Unsupervised Learning and Feature Engineering
- Neural Nets and Deep Learning
- Introduction to Computer Vision
- Project: Computer Vision
- Introduction to Reinforcement Learning
- Introduction to NLP
- Project: NLP
- Introduction to Data Protection and IT Security
- Data Science Software Engineering
- Project: From Model to Production
- Seminar: Ethical Considerations in Data Science
- User Experience
- UX-Project OR
- Project: Edge AI
- Introduction to Robotics
- Agile Project Management
- Bachelor Thesis
Tuition fees for international students
- 146 EUR/month
An additional 1,000 EUR fee is charged for studying at one of our on-campus locations. The fee must be paid to IU by bank transfer no later than one month before the start of your studies. (The campus fee is not included in the tuition fees of the study programme)
Requirements for applicants
- Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate such as A-Levels or IB Diploma and your transcript of records.
- A subject-related higher education entrance qualification.
Depending on your qualifications, you might have to meet additional requirements, such as successfully passing a university entrance examination.
The admissions documents must be provided in English or German, if they were not issued in one of these two languages, a translation is required.
English language proficiency
We accept the following English language skills certificates*:
- TOEFL (minimum 80 points)* or
- IELTS (minimum Level 6)* or
- Duolingo English Test (minimum 95 points)* or
- Cambridge Certificate (minimum Grade B)*
Is English your native language, or have you graduated from an English-speaking school or university? Then you do not need to prove your English language proficiency.
*Proof must be provided before the start of the study and must not be older than five years.
About the university
With a completely fresh approach, IU International University of Applied Sciences offers excellent programs for Bachelor, Master, and MBA degrees. They have developed campuses in Germany for students who choose to finish their coursework there, but they also provide comprehensive distance learning programs online. Additionally, students are free to mix the two.
It provides German and English-language campus-based, online, and blended learning programs. As of the summer semester of 2021, IU is the biggest state-accredited institution in Germany with over 100,000 students enrolled.
State recognition of the institution dates back to 1999, and in 2009 and 2021 it received accreditation from the German Science and Humanities Council. Additionally approved by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) on behalf of the German Accreditation Council are the study programs and the university's internal quality management ("system accreditation").
IU International University offers the following subject areas:
- Design, Architecture & Construction
- Hospitality, Tourism & Events
- Human Resources
- IT & Technology
- Marketing & Communication
- Social Sciences
- Transportation & Logistics
- Business & Management