Master - Artificial Intelligence (1 year)
- 1 year
- 2,988 EUR
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- Berlin / Germany
Large-scale shifts are currently occurring in both society and businesses. The rapid development of machine learning and AI is to blame for this. AI is already aiding or making many of the decisions we face on a daily basis. There are two types of AI that fall under the umbrella term "artificial intelligence": broad AI, which mimics human behavior, and narrow AI, which actually outperforms humans at certain particular jobs. While advances in artificial general intelligence have lagged, specific applications of AI have proven remarkably successful in fields like health and retail management.
The online Master of Artificial Intelligence program covers a lot of ground and will help you understand machine learning in greater depth. You can specialize in areas like language and image processing on computers, smart manufacturing in Industry 4.0, or autonomous cars with the 60-ECTS version of the curriculum. The 120-ECTS option also provides more room for concentration.
All of our degree programs are provided entirely in English in order to better prepare you for a career in a global context.
Have you taken any sort of training, gone to college, or worked before? For no additional cost, IU International University of Applied Sciences will honor your prior accomplishments. You can save money on tuition and time by doing this.
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Use Case and Evaluation
- Reinforcement Learning
- Seminar: Current Topics in AI
- Project: AI Use Case
- Master Thesis
Tuition fees for international students
- 249 EUR/month
An additional 1,000 EUR fee is charged for studying at one of our on-campus locations. The fee must be paid to IU by bank transfer no later than one month before the start of your studies. (The campus fee is not included in the tuition fees of the study programme)
Requirements for applicants
- Completed undergraduate degree from a public or officially recognised university/higher education institution.
- For 60-ECTS programmes, you will need to have already acquired 240 ECTS credits.
- You must have achieved a final grade of at least “satisfactory” or Grade C equivalent in your previous undergraduate degree
- Proof of at least one year’s professional work experience completed prior to the start of study programme. Work experience must have been gained after completion of your undergraduate studies
Depending on your previous education, the following entry options are applicable for the 60-ECTS Master’s degree:
- undergraduate degree with 210 ECTS: you can bridge the gap of 30 ECTS points with the proof of one year qualified work experience
- undergraduate degree with 180 ECTS: you can bridge the gap of 60 ECTS points with the proof of two years qualified work experience
Recognition of knowledge and abilities acquired outside of higher education is possible in principle.
To study the programme, you will need to have taken courses “Programming with Python” and “Advanced Mathematics” or demonstrate equivalent knowledge. You can take these courses online with us for free.
English language proficiency
- Duolingo (minimum 95 points) or
- TOEFL (minimum 80 points) or
- IELTS (minimum Level 6) or
- Cambridge Certificate (minimum Grade B)
About the university
With a completely fresh approach, IU International University of Applied Sciences offers excellent programs for Bachelor, Master, and MBA degrees. They have developed campuses in Germany for students who choose to finish their coursework there, but they also provide comprehensive distance learning programs online. Additionally, students are free to mix the two.
It provides German and English-language campus-based, online, and blended learning programs. As of the summer semester of 2021, IU is the biggest state-accredited institution in Germany with over 100,000 students enrolled.
State recognition of the institution dates back to 1999, and in 2009 and 2021 it received accreditation from the German Science and Humanities Council. Additionally approved by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) on behalf of the German Accreditation Council are the study programs and the university's internal quality management ("system accreditation").
IU International University offers the following subject areas:
- Design, Architecture & Construction
- Hospitality, Tourism & Events
- Human Resources
- IT & Technology
- Marketing & Communication
- Social Sciences
- Transportation & Logistics
- Business & Management