Master - Business Intelligence
- 2 year
- 2,256 EUR/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- Berlin / Germany
Learn about several approaches to data management as part of IU's online Master of Science in Business Intelligence program. Data modeling, data visualization, and key figure development for BI (Business Intelligence) reports are all examples of the curriculum's emphasis on practical job skills. The program will also examine ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) procedures and how organized and unstructured data are stored.
After getting your feet wet with the fundamentals of business intelligence, you'll spend the rest of your time in school exploring the topic in greater depth through elective courses tailored to your specific interests.
- Business Intelligence I
- Concepts in Data Management
- Corporate Governance of IT, Compliance and Law
- Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Data Query Languages
- Project: Business Intelligence
- Seminar: Ethic & Societal Considerations in Data Management
- Strategic Management
- Data Warehousing Architecture Types
- Extract, Transform and Load Technologies
- Advanced Research Methods
- Seminar: Data Warehouse Approaches and Methodologies
- Data Modeling and Reporting
- Project: Data Modeling and Reporting
- Master Thesis
Tuition fees for international students
- 188 EUR/month
An additional 1,000 EUR fee is charged for studying at one of our on-campus locations. The fee must be paid to IU by bank transfer no later than one month before the start of your studies. (The campus fee is not included in the tuition fees of the study programme)
Requirements for applicants
- Completed, undergraduate degree with 180 ECTS with a focus on Economics or Business Administration, Natural Sciences, Data Science or (Business) Informatics or Computer Science
- Your degree must be from a state or state-recognised higher education institution/university
- You must have achieved a final grade of at least “satisfactory” or Grade C equivalent in your previous undergraduate degree
Is your undergraduate degree not in the required subject field for this programme's 120 ECTS points variation admission requirements? You can still apply! You'll have to take 2 specific courses at the start of your studies, and pass them successfully in order to continue with your studies. That way, you don't have to take an entrance examination, and can prove your skills while earning ECTS points as part of your studies.
English language proficiency
- Duolingo (minimum 95 points) or
- TOEFL (minimum 80 points) or
- IELTS (minimum Level 6) or
- Cambridge Certificate (minimum Grade B)
About the university
With a completely fresh approach, IU International University of Applied Sciences offers excellent programs for Bachelor, Master, and MBA degrees. They have developed campuses in Germany for students who choose to finish their coursework there, but they also provide comprehensive distance learning programs online. Additionally, students are free to mix the two.
It provides German and English-language campus-based, online, and blended learning programs. As of the summer semester of 2021, IU is the biggest state-accredited institution in Germany with over 100,000 students enrolled.
State recognition of the institution dates back to 1999, and in 2009 and 2021 it received accreditation from the German Science and Humanities Council. Additionally approved by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) on behalf of the German Accreditation Council are the study programs and the university's internal quality management ("system accreditation").
IU International University offers the following subject areas:
- Design, Architecture & Construction
- Hospitality, Tourism & Events
- Human Resources
- IT & Technology
- Marketing & Communication
- Social Sciences
- Transportation & Logistics
- Business & Management