Master - Cyber Security
- 2 years
- 2,256 EUR/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- Berlin / Germany
Cyber attacks on computer programs and networks are increasing as the world becomes more digital. Every business, organization, and government agency needs trained cyber security experts to protect the privacy, availability, and integrity of their data. The need for security professionals who can detect and prevent cyberattacks has reached new heights in recent years.
Gain the knowledge and expertise to safeguard sensitive information and provide the highest level of security for systems used by businesses around the world with a Master of Cyber Security from IU International University of Applied Sciences. You'll learn to use statistical and digital forensic techniques to secure infrastructures against threats like attacks, hazards, and viruses.
- Corporate Governance of IT, Compliance, and Law
- Advanced Mathematics
- Cyber Security and Data Protection
- Advanced Research Methods
- Seminar: Advanced Cyber Security
- Cyber Risk Assessment and Management
- IT Systems: Software
- IT Systems: Hardware
- Cyber Systems and Network Forensics
- Secure Networking
- Theoretical Computer Science for IT Security
- Seminar: Standards and Frameworks
- Project: Current Challenges of Cyber Security
- Master Thesis & Colloquium
Tuition fees for international students
- 188 EUR/month
An additional 1,000 EUR fee is charged for studying at one of our on-campus locations. The fee must be paid to IU by bank transfer no later than one month before the start of your studies. (The campus fee is not included in the tuition fees of the study programme)
Requirements for applicants
- Completed, undergraduate degree with 180 ECTS with a focus on computer science, IT security, business informatics, theoretical computer science, applied computer science, computer engineering, media informatics or an information science related subjects with at least 180 ECTS and at least 30 ECTS explicitly in the field of computer science
- Your degree must be from a state or state-recognised higher education institution/university
- You must have achieved a final grade of at least “satisfactory” or Grade C equivalent in your previous undergraduate degree
For admission, a minimum of 30 ECTS points in Computer Science must have been achieved additionally in undergraduate study programmes. For applicants who do not meet this requirement, modules from the university's Bachelor's degree programmes are offered as bridging courses for free.
English language proficiency
- Duolingo (minimum 95 points) or
- TOEFL (minimum 80 points) or
- IELTS (minimum Level 6) or
- Cambridge Certificate (minimum Grade B)
About the university
With a completely fresh approach, IU International University of Applied Sciences offers excellent programs for Bachelor, Master, and MBA degrees. They have developed campuses in Germany for students who choose to finish their coursework there, but they also provide comprehensive distance learning programs online. Additionally, students are free to mix the two.
It provides German and English-language campus-based, online, and blended learning programs. As of the summer semester of 2021, IU is the biggest state-accredited institution in Germany with over 100,000 students enrolled.
State recognition of the institution dates back to 1999, and in 2009 and 2021 it received accreditation from the German Science and Humanities Council. Additionally approved by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) on behalf of the German Accreditation Council are the study programs and the university's internal quality management ("system accreditation").
IU International University offers the following subject areas:
- Design, Architecture & Construction
- Hospitality, Tourism & Events
- Human Resources
- IT & Technology
- Marketing & Communication
- Social Sciences
- Transportation & Logistics
- Business & Management