Master - Data Management
- 2 years
- 2,256 EUR/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- Berlin / Germany
Many experts believe that Data Management will become an increasingly important skill for future employees to have. You will be in high demand from businesses of all stripes because of your expertise as a Data Manager and the widespread recognition of your degree.
To set yourself apart from other Data Managers and prepare yourself to take on challenges at industry-leading businesses, consider completing your degree in Germany, where data privacy rules are among of the tightest in the world. Assist businesses in coming up with foolproof data storage and analysis methods with your expertise.
Mastering Data Processing, Storage, Analysis, Ingestion, and Reporting are just few of the many valuable skills you may acquire through IU's online Master's in Data Management degree program.
- Concepts in Data Management
- Database Concepts and Technologies
- Data Query Languages
- NoSQL Databases
- Seminar: Ethic & Societal Considerations in Data Management
- Advanced Research Methods
- Data Engineering
- Big Data Technologies
- Data Warehousing, Pipelines and Orchestration
- Managing Data Projects
- Seminar: Cloud Providers and Services
- Project: Data Engineering
- Programming with Python
- Project: Data Analysis in the Cloud
- Master Thesis
Tuition fees for international students
- 188 EUR/month
An additional 1,000 EUR fee is charged for studying at one of our on-campus locations. The fee must be paid to IU by bank transfer no later than one month before the start of your studies. (The campus fee is not included in the tuition fees of the study programme)
Requirements for applicants
- Completed, undergraduate degree with 180 ECTS with a focus on Data Science, Business Informatics, Computer Science, Big Data Management, Digital Business
- Your degree must be from a state or state-recognised higher education institution/university
- You must have achieved a final grade of at least “satisfactory” or Grade C equivalent in your previous undergraduate degree
English language proficiency
- Duolingo (minimum 95 points) or
- TOEFL (minimum 80 points) or
- IELTS (minimum Level 6) or
- Cambridge Certificate (minimum Grade B)
About the university
With a completely fresh approach, IU International University of Applied Sciences offers excellent programs for Bachelor, Master, and MBA degrees. They have developed campuses in Germany for students who choose to finish their coursework there, but they also provide comprehensive distance learning programs online. Additionally, students are free to mix the two.
It provides German and English-language campus-based, online, and blended learning programs. As of the summer semester of 2021, IU is the biggest state-accredited institution in Germany with over 100,000 students enrolled.
State recognition of the institution dates back to 1999, and in 2009 and 2021 it received accreditation from the German Science and Humanities Council. Additionally approved by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) on behalf of the German Accreditation Council are the study programs and the university's internal quality management ("system accreditation").
IU International University offers the following subject areas:
- Design, Architecture & Construction
- Hospitality, Tourism & Events
- Human Resources
- IT & Technology
- Marketing & Communication
- Social Sciences
- Transportation & Logistics
- Business & Management