Master - Data Science
- 2 years
- 2,256 EUR/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- Berlin / Germany
The role of data science in the media and public debate is expanding rapidly in the digital age. It can be difficult to keep up with all the interesting use cases, technology advances, and contentious debates.
Data scientists are in high demand because of the vigor of the data science industry. Data literacy is on the rise, and with it comes an increase in the number of "Citizen Data Scientists" in many companies; these are individuals whose day jobs have nothing to do with data science but who nonetheless build models using advanced diagnostic analytics. Experts in data science are therefore crucial to the process of hypothesis testing, as they are the ones who assist businesses make sense of the information they amass.
The latest innovations in software and infrastructure engineering, as well as Big Data technology, are at the heart of our online Master of Data Science program. You will learn to approach data science challenges in a methodical, focused, and logical manner, allowing you to completely develop your problem-solving talents.
- Data Science
- Advanced Mathematics
- Seminar: Data Science and Society
- Advanced Statistics
- Use Case and Evaluation
- Project: Data Science Use Case
- Programming with Python
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Big Data Technologies
- Cyber Security and Data Protection
- Case Study: Model Engineering
- Software Engineering for Data Intensive Sciences
- Seminar: Current Topics in Data Science
- Master Thesis
Tuition fees for international students
- 188 EUR/month
An additional 1,000 EUR fee is charged for studying at one of our on-campus locations. The fee must be paid to IU by bank transfer no later than one month before the start of your studies. (The campus fee is not included in the tuition fees of the study programme)
Requirements for applicants
- Completed undergraduate degree from a public or officially recognised university/higher education institution.
- For 120-ECTS programmes, you will need to have 180 ECTS credits.
- You must have achieved a final grade of at least “satisfactory” or Grade C equivalent in your previous undergraduate degree
- Proof of at least one year’s professional work experience completed prior to the start of study programme. Work experience must have been gained after completion of your undergraduate studies
English language proficiency
- Duolingo (minimum 95 points) or
- TOEFL (minimum 80 points) or
- IELTS (minimum Level 6) or
- Cambridge Certificate (minimum Grade B)
About the university
With a completely fresh approach, IU International University of Applied Sciences offers excellent programs for Bachelor, Master, and MBA degrees. They have developed campuses in Germany for students who choose to finish their coursework there, but they also provide comprehensive distance learning programs online. Additionally, students are free to mix the two.
It provides German and English-language campus-based, online, and blended learning programs. As of the summer semester of 2021, IU is the biggest state-accredited institution in Germany with over 100,000 students enrolled.
State recognition of the institution dates back to 1999, and in 2009 and 2021 it received accreditation from the German Science and Humanities Council. Additionally approved by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) on behalf of the German Accreditation Council are the study programs and the university's internal quality management ("system accreditation").
IU International University offers the following subject areas:
- Design, Architecture & Construction
- Hospitality, Tourism & Events
- Human Resources
- IT & Technology
- Marketing & Communication
- Social Sciences
- Transportation & Logistics
- Business & Management