Bachelor of Science (Hons) - Business Management
- 3 years
- 16,500 EUR/year
- Oct 2023
- Apr 2023
- Leipzig / Germany
Are you interested in learning the inner workings of corporations and their management structures?
Courses at Lancaster University are made to help you think critically and gain insights from the real world.
Your communication and numeracy skills, among others, will also improve. Recent college grads can thank these abilities for their success in the job market, where they've been able to land positions in fields as diverse as banking, retail, consulting, sales and marketing, and data analysis.
This course, taught in Leipzig, will examine international trade and industry with an emphasis on the prospering German economy as a case study.
- Employability and Careers I
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Introduction to Financial Accounting for Managers
- Introduction to Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Economics for Business
- Employability and Careers II
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Microeconomic Analysis
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Spreadsheet Modelling for Management
- The Changing Role of Management
- Management Accounting for Business Decisions
- Business and Management in the 21st Century: Central Questions in the Global Economy, Ecology and Ethics
- Principles of Strategic Management
- Rethinking Leadership
Fee for two semesters (1 year) is 16500,00 EUR for international students
Requirements for applicants
The following requirements apply for the start of a Bachelor's degree (as example for USA students*):
- High School Diploma plus APs / Associate Degree
- Completed US High School Diploma with at least 3.2 GPA average and 3 AP subjects at grade 4 or
- Completed Associate Degree with at least 2.9 GPA average
- In addition to this, one of the criteria indicated below needs to be met for admission into Accounting and Finance, Software Engineering and Computer Science courses:
- Mathematics Grade A in High School Diploma;
- 3 in AP Calculus AB or BC;
- 580 in SAT I Mathematics (if available)
(We consider the discontinued SAT subjects at 650 or above and encourage the applicants to provide these qualifications if they are available
*each country has its own requirements for applicants, which can be found on the university's website
English Proficiency requirements are:
- IELTS Academic (UKVI Approved) 6.5 overall (min of 5.5 in each element);
- IELTS Academic (Other Centres) 6.5 overall (min of 5.5 in each element);
- IELTS Online 6.5 overall (min of 5.5 in each element);
- TOEFL IBT 87 overall (min of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 17 in speaking and 20 in writing);
- TOEFL IBT Home Edition 87 overall (min of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 17 in speaking and 20 in writing);
- Pearson PTE Academic / UKVI 58 overall (min of 42 in each of the four skills);
- Pearson PTE Academic Online 58 overall (min of 42 in each of the four skills);
- Cambridge English: Advanced CAE 176 overall with at least 162 in each element;
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) 176 overall with at least 162 in each element;
- GCSE/IGCSE/O Level English Grade C / 4;
- CaMLA ECPE Grade C2;
- Trinity ISE ISE II, Distinction in each element (modules must be taken within one month of each other);
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator with 39 in each skill area;
- LanguageCert International ESOL (SELT) B2 Communicator with 39 in each skill area;
IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson and LanguageCert certificates are valid for 2 years from the test date and your certificate will need to be valid on the start date of your studies at Lancaster. If you have taken a test multiple times, we cannot combine scores together to meet the requirements.
About the university
Lancaster University Leipzig is dedicated to offering an education of the same quality as that offered at universities in the United Kingdom, and it offers a variety of degree programs.
The campus sits in the middle of Leipzig, making it easily accessible for students from all across Germany, the European Union, and the rest of the world.
Upon successful completion of one of the undergraduate or postgraduate programmes, students who study in Leipzig receive their degrees from Lancaster University. It does not matter where a student studied – either at the Leipzig campus or at the main Bailrigg campus in the UK; students are awarded the same degree certificate issued by Lancaster University in the UK. This enables students to apply to any postgraduate programme in Germany, the UK or in any other country in the world. Your Lancaster University degree is internationally recognised and highly valued by institutions and employers.
Lancaster University is among the best in the UK. A top 15 university in the three major UK league tables, the university is also highly ranked in international league tables such as the QS World Rankings.