Bachelor of Commerce (Co-operative)
- 5 years
- 20,790 CAD/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- St. John's / Canada
With Memorial's bachelor of commerce (co-op. ), you may combine fascinating classroom study with real-world business experience. Students alternate academic semesters with work placements in industry, government, or private organisations to put classroom learning into practise and gain practical skills for today's business climate.
- 45 classes (135 credit hours)
- Full-time and structured (normally completed in five years)
- Work terms required (3) and professional development
- All undergraduates take the same first year (Business One).
- Opportunities for study abroad and experiential learning
Students must attend three non-credit professional development seminars. These seminars, conducted in collaboration with the Gardiner Centre, supplement academic programming and help students prepare for success in the workplace. Career development, job search, professionalism, and individual skill development are all areas of learning.
Here you can see a sample of suggested courses for students:
- Introduction to Marketing Strategy
- Organizational Behaviour
- Business Law I
- English course
- English course or critical reading and writing (CRW) course
- Tuition — 20,790 CAD/year
OTHER FEES (REQUIRED) amounts listed are for two semesters
- Student Services Fee — 100 CAD
- Students' Union — 140 CAD
- Recreation Fee — 138 CAD
- Health Insurance — 523 CAD
Requirements for applicants
- Certificate of (Complete) General Secondary Education
- Minimum grade of 4 in the required subject areas
- Laboratory Science (Biology, Chemistry, or Physics)
- Social Studies or Modern/Classical Language
If you are currently in high school:
- When you apply (early acceptance): Current translated interim transcript and a copy of interim transcript in its original language. Documents can be official or unofficial.
- When you complete your examinations (verified acceptance): Certified translation of your official final Certificate of (Complete) General Secondary Education, including grades and a certified copy of the document in its original language.
If you have completed high school and not attended a post-secondary institution: Certified translation of your official final Certificate of (Complete) General Secondary Education, including grades and a certified copy of the document in its original language.
English language requirements:
- Cambridge Assessment English — A minimum score of 176 in C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency.
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Assessment — Minimum band scores between 50 and 60 in each of the four skills tested (reading, writing, listening and speaking), with at least two band scores of 60.
- Duolingo English Test (DET) (until Spring 2024 only) — A minimum score of 115.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) — A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on the IELTS Academic or IELTS Indicator, with at least a band 6 in reading and writing. General training results are not acceptable.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) — A minimum score of 79 on the TOEFL iBT or TOEFL iBT Home Edition, with a minimum score of 20 in reading and writing, and not less than 17 in listening and speaking.
About the university
Memorial University has a unique responsibility to the people of Newfoundland and Labrador as the only university in the province. Memorial University was founded as a tribute to the Newfoundlanders who gave their lives in military duty during globe War I and later conflicts. We take inspiration from their efforts to create a better future for our province, our country, and the globe.
Over 115 different nations are represented among Memorial University's 19000+ students. Programs range from the traditional to the cutting edge, and can be found at any of Memorial's five locations or online. Memorial University's worldwide network of nearly 100,000 successful alums enhances the institution's capacity and reputation for leadership in research, teaching, and public engagement. Learn more about Memorial University in this quick read.
- Vision — Memorial University will rise to prominence as one of Canada's and the world's top public institutions of higher learning, and it will honor its commitment to serving the people of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Mission — When it comes to education, research, scholarship, creative activity, service, and public engagement, Memorial University is committed to being at the forefront of innovation and excellence. International students and scholars are welcomed and supported at Memorial, and the institution's contributions of knowledge and experience are valued on all levels of society.
More than 19,400 students and 3,800 teachers and staff from more than 115 countries study, teach, conduct research, create, and participate in activities at our campuses and other locations. You can attend classes at one of Memorial University's several campuses in Newfoundland and Labrador or anywhere in the world; we also offer 475 courses online.
- St. John's campus
- Grenfell Campus
- Marine Institute
- Harlow Campus
- Signal Hill Campus
- Labrador Campus