Doctor of Business Administration - Strategy, Project Leadership and PMOs
- 3 years
- 10,000 CHF/year
- Sept 2023
- Apr 2023
- SBS - Swiss Business School
The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) Program is designed for working managers and other professionals in the field who are interested in making a substantial impact via their work and research.
There is a three-year minimum to finish the program. The majority of the required courses will be completed in the first year. Coursework is delivered via a combination of in-class lectures and hands-on labs. Writing assignments are the standard in every classroom. After finishing their required courses, candidates move on to the research phase by submitting a set of evaluated research proposals.
After a candidate has completed their coursework to their satisfaction, they move on to the research phase, where they do independent study under faculty supervision. Each study concludes with an academic report that meets journal standards. An impartial third party will evaluate the completed dissertation. So, within a broad organizational and management structure, there will be room for the necessary specialty. As a result of this expectation, the curriculum will focus on topics such as leadership, change, and process management, as well as research approaches.
- Management Research Perspectives
- Information Technologies for Business Research
- Eleven Schools of Project Management
- Critical Analysis of Research
- Mega Projects and Complexity
- Research Methods in Business & Management
- Management Research Design and Methodologies
- Preparation and Presentation of a Research Proposal
Note: For successful candidates, the Master of Applied Business Research is awarded.
- Doctoral Research Project Proposal
- Proposal Literature Review
- Doctoral Research Paper 1
- Doctoral Research Paper 2
- Application fee - 150 CHF
- Semester 1 - 10,000 CHF
- Semester 2 - 10,000 CHF
- Semester 3 - 10,000 CHF
- Semester 4 - 5,000 CHF
- Semester 5 - 5,000 CHF
Total Tuition Fees - 40,150 CHF
Requirements for applicants
- Successful completion of a Master’s degree related to Project Management
- 10 years of professional work experience or min. five years of managerial experience required
- English Proficiency for non-native speakers TOEFL IBT 90, IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
- Successful completion of the admissions interview
- Minimum age required: 30 years
About the university
SBS prepares students for global economy careers. We provide International Management, Finance, and Marketing programs.
We educate cutting-edge theory, immerse students in foreign experiences, and expose them to corporate best practices. Our programs teach more than management theory and practice; they teach new ways of thinking that can change lives and organizations.
International management can be studied at Zurich, which has frequently been ranked as the best city in the world for quality of life. Due to Zurich's strategic location in the center of Europe, the area is home to numerous global corporations. Switzerland's financial and economic center is Zurich. With its many theaters, museums, and international conferences, Zurich's cultural life is of the highest caliber and variety, making it the ideal location for a worldwide education. Finally, everyone feels at home in the city because it has nearly 100 ethnicities from around the world.