Bachelor of Science - Physics
- 4 years
- 22,460 CAD/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
Physics is the study of the building blocks of the universe and everything in it. That's why it's the foundational science for all the others, including technology.
A degree in physics is excellent groundwork for graduate work in any number of disciplines, including but not limited to biophysics, medicine, astronomy, chemical physics, engineering, meteorology, and computer science, due to its breadth and depth of coverage.
- General Chemistry I
- Calculus I
- Calculus II
- Introductory Physics I: Mechanics
- Introductory Physics II: Waves and Electricity
- Computer Programming I
- Introduction to Computer Systems and Programming
- Calculus III
- Introduction to Complex Analysis
- Linear Algebra
- Linear Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems
- Thermal Physics
- Electromagnetism and Optics
- Modern Physics I
- Intermediate Differential Equations
- Classical Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics I
- Classic Electromagnetism I
- Quantum Mechanics II
- Seminar on Contemporary Topics in Physics
- Statistical Mechanics
- Tuition* 22,460 CAD
- Student Fees* 1,690 CAD
- Books* 1,600 CAD
*Tuition, fees and books are subject to change and vary among programs.
Requirements for applicants
- Meet UNBC's English language requirements
- Meet the international admission requirements by country or meet the admission with a General Certificate of Education (or equivalent)
- Complete the required high school course equivalencies outlined in the Domestic tab prior.
About the university
One of Canada's top universities, UNBC is situated in the breathtaking scenery of northern British Columbia.
Excellent undergraduate and graduate learning opportunities are offered by UNBC in the areas of cultures, economics, health, sciences, and the environment. We share the exhilaration of new knowledge with our students and the results of our teaching and research with the world as one of British Columbia's research-intensive institutions. UNBC is a welcome place with a warm, inclusive, and supportive learning environment in addition to cultivating and celebrating academic excellence.
The University of the North by and for the North is UNBC. Our students, alumni, teachers, staff, and the communities we serve all feel a strong sense of ownership, purpose, and adventure as a result of our goal. We are also Canada's Green UniversityTM, paving the road for everyone's future to be more sustainable.
To affect people's lives and communities in the North and around the world while being Canada's top destination university in terms of personal character.
To have an impact on the world today and inspire future leaders.
UNBC's Academic Structure
- Faculty of Environment
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Human and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Division of Medical Sciences