Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
- 4 years
- 22,460 CAD/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
Do you care deeply about your local and larger communities? Do you have an interest in national and international issues like globalization and human rights? Political science is for you if you are interested in issues such as community self-governance.
Political scientists study how people interact in groups. We investigate conflict and cooperation theories and practices at all levels of social life. Understand the organization and operation of the communities to which you belong.
Improve your critical thinking, research, and communication abilities. Topics in political philosophy, comparative politics, Canadian government, and international politics will be covered.
- Contemporary Political Issues
- Introduction to Global Studies
- Canadian Government and Politics
- Canada in Comparative Perspective
- International Relations
- Political Philosophy: Antiquity to Early Modernity
- Democracy and Democratization
- Canadian Politics and Policy
- Political Philosophy: Early Modernity to Post-Modernity
- Tuition* 22,460 CAD
- Student Fees* 1,690 CAD
- Books* 1,600 CAD
*Tuition, fees and books are subject to change and vary among programs.
Requirements for applicants
- Meet UNBC's English language requirements
- Meet the international admission requirements by country or meet the admission with a General Certificate of Education (or equivalent)
- Complete the required high school course equivalencies outlined in the Domestic tab prior.
About the university
One of Canada's top universities, UNBC is situated in the breathtaking scenery of northern British Columbia.
Excellent undergraduate and graduate learning opportunities are offered by UNBC in the areas of cultures, economics, health, sciences, and the environment. We share the exhilaration of new knowledge with our students and the results of our teaching and research with the world as one of British Columbia's research-intensive institutions. UNBC is a welcome place with a warm, inclusive, and supportive learning environment in addition to cultivating and celebrating academic excellence.
The University of the North by and for the North is UNBC. Our students, alumni, teachers, staff, and the communities we serve all feel a strong sense of ownership, purpose, and adventure as a result of our goal. We are also Canada's Green UniversityTM, paving the road for everyone's future to be more sustainable.
To affect people's lives and communities in the North and around the world while being Canada's top destination university in terms of personal character.
To have an impact on the world today and inspire future leaders.
UNBC's Academic Structure
- Faculty of Environment
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Human and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Division of Medical Sciences