Bachelor of Science - Psychology
- 4 years
- 22,460 CAD/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
The field of psychology examines how people act, feel, and think.
Scientists in the field of psychology investigate the interplay of biological, psychological, social, and developmental factors in shaping human behavior.
The mission of the Psychology Department is to disseminate cutting-edge information on the discipline's core disciplines. at addition, students receive top-notch training at the Department that makes them more marketable to graduate schools that specialize in Psychology and related fields.
100 and 200 Level
- Introduction to Psychology I
- Introduction to Psychology II
- Research Design and Methodology in Psychology
Three of the following:
- Social Psychology
- Lifespan Development
- The Psychology of Learning
300 and 400 Level
- Statistical Analysis in Psychological Research I
- Statistical Analysis in Psychological Research II Two of the following:
- Emotion and Motivation
- Sensation and Perception
- The Philosophy of Mind
Two of the following:
- Introduction to Abnormal Psychology
- Theories of Personality
- Introduction to Health Psychology
- Positive Psychology
- Tuition* 22,460 CAD
- Student Fees* 1,690 CAD
- Books* 1,600 CAD
*Tuition, fees and books are subject to change and vary among programs.
Requirements for applicants
- Meet UNBC's English language requirements
- Meet the international admission requirements by country or meet the admission with a General Certificate of Education (or equivalent)
- Complete the required high school course equivalencies outlined in the Domestic tab prior.
About the university
One of Canada's top universities, UNBC is situated in the breathtaking scenery of northern British Columbia.
Excellent undergraduate and graduate learning opportunities are offered by UNBC in the areas of cultures, economics, health, sciences, and the environment. We share the exhilaration of new knowledge with our students and the results of our teaching and research with the world as one of British Columbia's research-intensive institutions. UNBC is a welcome place with a warm, inclusive, and supportive learning environment in addition to cultivating and celebrating academic excellence.
The University of the North by and for the North is UNBC. Our students, alumni, teachers, staff, and the communities we serve all feel a strong sense of ownership, purpose, and adventure as a result of our goal. We are also Canada's Green UniversityTM, paving the road for everyone's future to be more sustainable.
To affect people's lives and communities in the North and around the world while being Canada's top destination university in terms of personal character.
To have an impact on the world today and inspire future leaders.
UNBC's Academic Structure
- Faculty of Environment
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Human and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Division of Medical Sciences