Bachelor - Economics and Management
- 4 years
- 9,800 EUR/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
Economics & Management is the broadest of the International Business Administration (IBA) specialisations, allowing students to grasp management from an international and organisational, economy-based perspective.
Understanding how the economy works has become critical for businesses all over the world. The concept that the way companies and organisations, consumers, and governments make decisions that affect the operation, performance, and eventual success of a firm has been embedded within business administration, making the programme Economics & Management Wittenborg's most comprehensive business degree. Economics is concerned with the conduct of business within the local, social, and political environment, examining company behaviour, government policy-making, laws and regulations, and the massive changes occurring in Europe, America, Asia, Africa, and the rest of the world.
Management examines the skills and competences needed to effectively manage a business or organisation within the economy, as well as the coordination of materials and labour within the boundaries of the organization's mission, goals, and set objectives. It examines the distinct linkages between an organization's divisions and how these parts are integrated to build a successful and profitable firm. Management students examine how managers function, lead, and make decisions, as well as their decision-making role and impact on the organization's operations.
The curriculum includes several of the IBA topics, with a concentration on the management of key business areas that are critical to the organization's economics, such as quality control and logistics, as well as the comparative areas of financial management and business accounting. Excursions to for-profit and non-profit organisations will be organised, and Economics and Management students will have the option to build a start-up business through a series of modules, including the Business Plan.
- World-Wide Business and Law, Logistics, and Quality Management are important business components. The Economics & Management programme also thoroughly prepares students for business administration with Accounting, Bookkeeping, and Finance subjects.
- Economics and Management students will take a number of specialised courses in their second year. Among these are Procurement and Production, Business Philosophy, and Managing Organizations.
- Procurement and Production is concerned with an organization's purchase and supply functions. Students must demonstrate how these functions interact with the rest of the organisation.
- The course Business Philosophy examines the concepts of many economic philosophers (such as Smith, Marx, Keynes, etc). Different ways to understanding the political economy will be covered in class. The major goal is for students to improve their ability to read management literature critically and to acquire an interest in basic topics as part of their development as competent executives or managers.
Students in the Managing Organizations course learn to identify and analyse all organisational resources, including financial, physical, and intangible resources, in order to improve organisational capabilities and competitive advantage.
Annual: 9,800 EUR
Requirements for applicants
Entry Requirements - Bachelor Programmes
- High School Diploma or final certificate, equivalent to the Netherlands HAVO or MBO level-4 diploma / UK AS & A-Level or BTEC. Please contact the Admissions Office to receive High School diploma comparisons. Advanced Placement / Credit Transfer Possible - please see Credit Transfer & Accreditation of Prior Learning at WUASfor more information.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6 or TOEFL equivalent. Click here for an overview of the equivalent scores.
- TOEFL Code of Wittenborg is 4889.
About the university
Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences in Apeldoorn is a young, innovative, and fully approved business school. Wittenborg University was founded in 1987. With over a thousand students and faculty members from over a hundred different countries, this private university of applied sciences and business school in the Netherlands boasts the distinction of being the most cosmopolitan in the country. The Amsterdam campus is an active part of the institution and features a curriculum that emphasizes entrepreneurship.
Wittenborg’s Mission & Vision
The long-term goal of Wittenborg University is to be recognized globally as a leading university of applied sciences known for its international, innovative approach to teaching, research, and service to the (business) community. According to Wittenborg, "Better Yourself, Better Our World" should be everyone's guiding principle.
By providing an environment where internationalization, diversity, and ethics provide the foundation for effective applied, research-informed, global learning, Wittenborg's mission is to make a positive social impact in Apeldoorn and the surrounding region.
Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences is based in Apeldoorn and Amsterdam.
- Wittenborg has over 1200 students from over 100 nationalities in Apeldoorn, and because of its international character, it takes pride in offering all its students quality student housing in its own campus accommodation in the town center and in own-managed student apartments close to the university.
- Business, tourism, and culture surround the Amsterdam Campus. The 100+ Wittenborg business and entrepreneurship students commonly live in Amsterdam and combine their studies with business start-ups. The study is in a modern business building near Schiphol Airport and public transportation.