Bachelor - Event Management
- 4 years
- 9,800 EUR/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
Event management is a burgeoning and dynamic field that allows you to plan everything from a small business conference to a huge music festival. A degree in Business Administration with a specialisation in Event Management will get you started in this exciting field.
All BBA Hospitality Business Administration students at Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences study a set of broad business modules to supplement their chosen specialisations. Those who pursue the Event Management pathway are educated in both academic event management and practical management skills development.
Although event studies is a relatively new academic discipline, Wittenborg's HBA-programme in Event Management is informed by continuing research to guarantee that the course content reflects current concerns and debates in the events sector. This includes concerns such as how technology is still influencing the industry. Our academic team's expertise and first-hand experience in the field serve as the foundation for our teaching.
The IBA in Event Management will provide you with the information and skills needed to effectively manage events in a number of sectors through a combination of academic and practical modules.
The syllabus is based on the premise that event managers have a variety of creative and technical tasks that change with each project, as well as the fact that they are in charge of research, planning, and overseeing execution, frequently in minute detail.
Depending on your academic progress and motivation, the IBA in Event Management will take three or four years to complete. The mandatory work placement module provides you with an excellent opportunity to obtain first-hand experience in the industry, which will enhance your employment prospects after graduation.
The following are core modules:
- Event Management and Project Management
- Event Promotion and Communication
- International Event Market Research
- Technology of the Media (Events Management)
- Entrepreneurship in Business
- Project Completion
Annual: 9,800 EUR
Requirements for applicants
Entry Requirements - Bachelor Programmes
- High School Diploma or final certificate, equivalent to the Netherlands HAVO or MBO level-4 diploma / UK AS & A-Level or BTEC. Please contact the Admissions Office to receive High School diploma comparisons. Advanced Placement / Credit Transfer Possible - please see Credit Transfer & Accreditation of Prior Learning at WUASfor more information.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6 or TOEFL equivalent. Click here for an overview of the equivalent scores.
- TOEFL Code of Wittenborg is 4889.
About the university
Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences in Apeldoorn is a young, innovative, and fully approved business school. Wittenborg University was founded in 1987. With over a thousand students and faculty members from over a hundred different countries, this private university of applied sciences and business school in the Netherlands boasts the distinction of being the most cosmopolitan in the country. The Amsterdam campus is an active part of the institution and features a curriculum that emphasizes entrepreneurship.
Wittenborg’s Mission & Vision
The long-term goal of Wittenborg University is to be recognized globally as a leading university of applied sciences known for its international, innovative approach to teaching, research, and service to the (business) community. According to Wittenborg, "Better Yourself, Better Our World" should be everyone's guiding principle.
By providing an environment where internationalization, diversity, and ethics provide the foundation for effective applied, research-informed, global learning, Wittenborg's mission is to make a positive social impact in Apeldoorn and the surrounding region.
Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences is based in Apeldoorn and Amsterdam.
- Wittenborg has over 1200 students from over 100 nationalities in Apeldoorn, and because of its international character, it takes pride in offering all its students quality student housing in its own campus accommodation in the town center and in own-managed student apartments close to the university.
- Business, tourism, and culture surround the Amsterdam Campus. The 100+ Wittenborg business and entrepreneurship students commonly live in Amsterdam and combine their studies with business start-ups. The study is in a modern business building near Schiphol Airport and public transportation.