Bachelor - Tourism Management
- 4 years
- 9,800 EUR/year
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
This internationally focused degree combines academic tourism studies with practical management skill development to provide you with a well-rounded start to your career. It is an academic course with significant vocational application.
This Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences curriculum is influenced by continuing research and review by our academic team, ensuring that the course content reflects current concerns and debates in the tourist industry. Teaching is supported by expertise and, in many cases, firsthand industry experience.
The mandatory work placement module provides you with an excellent opportunity to obtain hands-on experience in the area, which will boost your employment prospects after graduation.
The BBA Specialisation in Tourism Management is part of the Hospitality Business Administration track (sector) and can be completed in three or four years, depending on your academic success and motivation. It is intended to cover all you might need to know to pursue a career in tourism management.
The teaching style may vary depending on the module, but it will include lectures, seminars, group activities, case studies, and student presentations. Over the course of three years, you will gradually diminish your group work as you learn to work more independently, culminating in your final project or dissertation.
Although essays and tests will be used to assess you, we will also measure your ability to work in groups, make presentations, and evaluate the work of other students. These assessment approaches are meant to represent real-world management practises.
Throughout the training, transferable skills such as leadership, numeracy, assertiveness, and creativity are cultivated.
Modules de base:
- Tourism and Travel Administration
- Tourism and Economics
- Tourism Administration
- Management of Sustainable Tourism
- Tour Operations in the Twenty-First Century
Annual: 9,800 EUR
Requirements for applicants
Entry Requirements - Bachelor Programmes
- High School Diploma or final certificate, equivalent to the Netherlands HAVO or MBO level-4 diploma / UK AS & A-Level or BTEC. Please contact the Admissions Office to receive High School diploma comparisons. Advanced Placement / Credit Transfer Possible - please see Credit Transfer & Accreditation of Prior Learning at WUASfor more information.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6 or TOEFL equivalent. Click here for an overview of the equivalent scores.
- TOEFL Code of Wittenborg is 4889.
About the university
Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences in Apeldoorn is a young, innovative, and fully approved business school. Wittenborg University was founded in 1987. With over a thousand students and faculty members from over a hundred different countries, this private university of applied sciences and business school in the Netherlands boasts the distinction of being the most cosmopolitan in the country. The Amsterdam campus is an active part of the institution and features a curriculum that emphasizes entrepreneurship.
Wittenborg’s Mission & Vision
The long-term goal of Wittenborg University is to be recognized globally as a leading university of applied sciences known for its international, innovative approach to teaching, research, and service to the (business) community. According to Wittenborg, "Better Yourself, Better Our World" should be everyone's guiding principle.
By providing an environment where internationalization, diversity, and ethics provide the foundation for effective applied, research-informed, global learning, Wittenborg's mission is to make a positive social impact in Apeldoorn and the surrounding region.
Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences is based in Apeldoorn and Amsterdam.
- Wittenborg has over 1200 students from over 100 nationalities in Apeldoorn, and because of its international character, it takes pride in offering all its students quality student housing in its own campus accommodation in the town center and in own-managed student apartments close to the university.
- Business, tourism, and culture surround the Amsterdam Campus. The 100+ Wittenborg business and entrepreneurship students commonly live in Amsterdam and combine their studies with business start-ups. The study is in a modern business building near Schiphol Airport and public transportation.