Bachelor of Arts - Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness
- 4 years
- 6,500 USD/year
- Sep 2023
- Aug 2023
- Izmir / Turkey
- Yasar University
The department's goal is to raise a new generation of administrators in the agri-food supply chain by integrating agricultural and food technologies with administrative science. The department's curriculum includes supply chain management, operational planning, marketing, accounting and finance, as well as agricultural sciences and technologies. Graduates of this programme might work as planning, business management, and quality assurance experts and administrators in agricultural businesses. They can also work in research and development institutes or start their own firms as entrepreneurs.
The Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness seeks to develop employable administrative human resources for agri-food firms.
To graduate from the Department where English is the medium of teaching, all senior students must complete a one-year long-term internship in the industry.
Graduates of the Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness will be able to find work in any location where there is an agricultural industry. They can work in marketing, product development, planning, and project management departments of businesses, agriculture companies, chambers of agriculture, food companies, agricultural credit cooperatives, National Productivity Center, Export Promotion Center, Chambers of Commerce, Exchange Commodities, Chambers of Industry, Association of Exporters, agricultural industry businesses within Insurance Companies, and large-scale national and international corporations.
- Calculus 1
- English for academic purposes 1
- Introduction to internet of things (IOTs)
- Turkish 1
- Ataturk’s principles and history of reforms 1
- Calculus 2
- English for academic purposes 2
- Organic chemistry
- Introduction to agriculture science and technology
- Introduction to agribusiness
- Introduction to ecology
- Social responsibility
- Turkish 2
- Ataturk’s principles and history of reforms 2
- Modelling in operations research
- Agricultural economics and accounting
- Economics of agribusiness
- Decision analysis
- Introduction to business
- Farm management
- Supply chain management 1
- Supply chain management 2
- Internship 1
- Senior project 1
- Introduction to project management
- Agriculture 4.0 concepts
- Entrepreneurship and business planning
- Ethics culture
- Occupational health and safety 1
- Internship 2
- Senior project 2
- Occupational health and safety 2
- Research culture
- Agriculture 4.0 technology implementation
Tuition fee: 6,500 USD/year
Application fee: 50 USD one-time
Requirements for applicants
- High school/secondary education (or higher)
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
- Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
- TOEFL IBT 78
- CAE Grade B or above
- Yasar University FLAT exam 65%
- At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
About the university
Selçuk Yaşar Sports and Education Foundation launched Yaşar University in Izmir in 2001 to promote culture, art, and design and provide education, research, and services to the local and worldwide society.
Yaşar University offers 2 graduate schools, 9 faculties, 1 school of applied science, 2 vocational schools, and a school of foreign languages to create the difference pupils require and grow persons with academic and professional knowledge, social responsibility, and arts awareness. Yaşar University offers 10 doctorate, 23 master, 32 undergraduate, and 13 associate degree programmes.
Yaşar University was recognised by the Commission on English Language Accreditation (CEA) for the first time in 2011 and again for 10 years in 2016. It continues to deliver high-quality English language instruction to students learning English as a second language. Students can also take international-standard German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, and Greek language classes.
The European Commission has awarded Yaşar University the Erasmus Success Story twice in a decade for its collaboration and exchange agreements with over 600 universities from 65 countries. 258 students from 58 countries attend Yaşar University.
Yaşar University has 9484 students, 414 academic staff, and 323 administrative employees, and it focuses on providing high-quality education to students who want to maximise their university experience.