Bachelor of Arts - New Media and Communication
- 4 years
- 6,500 USD/year
- Sep 2023
- Aug 2023
- Izmir / Turkey
- Yasar University
Today’s media environment needs professionals with interdisciplinary approaches and skills. As the Department of New Media and Communication, we graduate students who know the characteristics of new media well, have embraced the importance of creative and critical thinking, and have achieved the dynamics of the industry by becoming competent in the use of new communication technologies.
All classrooms of our faculty have advanced audio-visual equipment and information infrastructure. We use the computer laboratories, the photography, television, and radio studios in the Media Center for the practical work of the department students. In addition, students can access rich library database services in our new and modern campus. Thanks to student exchange agreements and practices (Erasmus) with foreign universities, our students have the opportunity to study abroad and experience life abroad.
- Atatürk's principles and history of revolution 1
- Fundamentals of new media and communication new media and society
- New media and communication technologies
- English for academic purposes 1
- Turkish 1
- Semiology and semantics
- Atatürk's principles and history of revolution 2 new media and communication theories
- Principles of journalism
- Programming logic and philosophy graphic design applications in new media
- English for academic purposes 2
- Turkish 2
- Social network media
- Web applications for new media
- Basic design for digital environment
- News reporting techniques research culture
- Social responsibility
- Mobile applications for new media
- Video design and applications
- Research methods in new media
Tuition fee: 6,500 USD/year
Application fee: 50 USD one-time
Requirements for applicants
- High school/secondary education (or higher)
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English/Turkish.
- Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
- Quota for the department is 2 ppl and is applicable for all the applications around the world
- TOEFL IBT 78
- CAE Grade B or above
- Yasar University FLAT exam 65%
- At least 1 reference(s) must be provided.
- A motivation letter must be added to your application.
About the university
Selçuk Yaşar Sports and Education Foundation launched Yaşar University in Izmir in 2001 to promote culture, art, and design and provide education, research, and services to the local and worldwide society.
Yaşar University offers 2 graduate schools, 9 faculties, 1 school of applied science, 2 vocational schools, and a school of foreign languages to create the difference pupils require and grow persons with academic and professional knowledge, social responsibility, and arts awareness. Yaşar University offers 10 doctorate, 23 master, 32 undergraduate, and 13 associate degree programmes.
Yaşar University was recognised by the Commission on English Language Accreditation (CEA) for the first time in 2011 and again for 10 years in 2016. It continues to deliver high-quality English language instruction to students learning English as a second language. Students can also take international-standard German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, and Greek language classes.
The European Commission has awarded Yaşar University the Erasmus Success Story twice in a decade for its collaboration and exchange agreements with over 600 universities from 65 countries. 258 students from 58 countries attend Yaşar University.
Yaşar University has 9484 students, 414 academic staff, and 323 administrative employees, and it focuses on providing high-quality education to students who want to maximise their university experience.