Bachelor of Arts - Visual Communication Design
- 4 years
- 6,500 USD/year
- Sep 2023
- Aug 2023
- Izmir / Turkey
- Yasar University
The Department of Visual Communication Design prepares students to apply theoretical knowledge to practical skills in visual media and communication. Graduates from this department will have a solid understanding of the industry and will be able to apply their approach to learning and intellectual aptitude to the profession. Their ingenuity, both in design and in the aesthetics of their marketing messages, will be noteworthy. In 2007, the department admitted its first students.
Corporate communication and presentation are becoming increasingly important in today's public and private sectors. As the demand for visual communication designers grows, so does the number and variety of work opportunities. Graduates of this department can work as creative designers in the media, communication, and advertising industries, as well as in specialised areas such as desktop publishing, corporate identity design, information graphics, web design, video production, film production, animation, three-dimensional modelling, and multimedia applications.
- English for academic purposes 1
- Turkish 1
- Research culture
- Ethic culture
- Basic design studio 1
- Art, design and culture
- Language of visual design
- English for academic purposes 2
- Turkish 2
- Basic design studio 2
- Fundamentals of digital media
- History of visual communication
- Introduction to typography
- Atatürk's principles and history of revolution 1
- Entrepreneurship and business planning
- Visual communication design 1
- Design methodologies
- Digital photography
- Typography in visual communication 1
- Atatürk's principles and history of revolution 2
- Aesthetic culture
- Social responsibility
- Visual communication design 2
- Introduction to digital media coding
- Geometric representation
- Typography in visual communication 2
- Visual communication design 3
- Visual perception
- Visual communication design 4
- Visual reading and interpretation
- Summer internship
- Visual communication project
- Graduation project
Tuition fee: 6,500 USD/year
Application fee: 50 USD one-time
Requirements for applicants
- High school/secondary education (or higher)
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English/Turkish.
- Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
- Quota for the department is 2 ppl and is applicable for all the applications around the world
- TOEFL IBT 78
- CAE Grade B or above
- Yasar University FLAT exam 65%
- At least 1 reference(s) must be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
About the university
Selçuk Yaşar Sports and Education Foundation launched Yaşar University in Izmir in 2001 to promote culture, art, and design and provide education, research, and services to the local and worldwide society.
Yaşar University offers 2 graduate schools, 9 faculties, 1 school of applied science, 2 vocational schools, and a school of foreign languages to create the difference pupils require and grow persons with academic and professional knowledge, social responsibility, and arts awareness. Yaşar University offers 10 doctorate, 23 master, 32 undergraduate, and 13 associate degree programmes.
Yaşar University was recognised by the Commission on English Language Accreditation (CEA) for the first time in 2011 and again for 10 years in 2016. It continues to deliver high-quality English language instruction to students learning English as a second language. Students can also take international-standard German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, and Greek language classes.
The European Commission has awarded Yaşar University the Erasmus Success Story twice in a decade for its collaboration and exchange agreements with over 600 universities from 65 countries. 258 students from 58 countries attend Yaşar University.
Yaşar University has 9484 students, 414 academic staff, and 323 administrative employees, and it focuses on providing high-quality education to students who want to maximise their university experience.