Master of Business Administration
- 2 years
- 9,666 CAD
- Rolling admission
- Rolling admission
- St. John's / Canada
Full-time and part-time students can enrol in a regular 20-course MBA programme. It is intended to train highly prepared students to become executive decision-makers who understand their operating environment, particularly its international elements. The primary goals of the MBA programme are to:
- develop future managers' problem-solving and decision-making skills, allowing them to identify, analyse, and solve complex and unstructured problems; and
- provide a broad operating knowledge of management concepts and practises that can be applied to a wide range of organisations and environments.
The programme can be finished in two years of full-time study; however, the length of the programme may be lowered based on the number of course exemptions obtained. Applicants who have completed relevant business, economics, and statistics curriculum may be excluded from up to ten courses (30 credit hours). Applicants must have received a grade of 75% or above in the necessary equivalent undergraduate courses and completed them within seven years of applying for admission to the MBA programme. The Course-based Masters Office is in charge of evaluating transcripts.
- Statistical Applications in Management
- Organizations: Behaviour and Structure
- Managing Ethics and Responsibility
- Economics for Business
- Accounting for Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- Managerial Finance
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills for Managers
- Tuition — 9,666 CAD
OTHER FEES (REQUIRED) amounts listed are for two semesters
- Student Services Fee — 100 CAD
- Students' Union — 140 CAD
- Recreation Fee — 138 CAD
- Health Insurance — 523 CAD
Requirements for applicants
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4-point scale,
- balanced GMAT score of at least 550 or
- balanced GRE score of at least 302,
- two years of full-time relevant work experience,
- two letters of reference, and,
- for applicants whose prior university instruction was not in English, demonstration of English language proficiency.
Minimum TOEFL scores are: 580 for the paper-based test; 237 on the computer-based test; or 92 on the Internet-based test. The minimum IELTS score is an overall band score of 7.0. The minimum MUNTEL score is an overall band score of 70.
About the university
Memorial University has a unique responsibility to the people of Newfoundland and Labrador as the only university in the province. Memorial University was founded as a tribute to the Newfoundlanders who gave their lives in military duty during globe War I and later conflicts. We take inspiration from their efforts to create a better future for our province, our country, and the globe.
Over 115 different nations are represented among Memorial University's 19000+ students. Programs range from the traditional to the cutting edge, and can be found at any of Memorial's five locations or online. Memorial University's worldwide network of nearly 100,000 successful alums enhances the institution's capacity and reputation for leadership in research, teaching, and public engagement. Learn more about Memorial University in this quick read.
- Vision — Memorial University will rise to prominence as one of Canada's and the world's top public institutions of higher learning, and it will honor its commitment to serving the people of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Mission — When it comes to education, research, scholarship, creative activity, service, and public engagement, Memorial University is committed to being at the forefront of innovation and excellence. International students and scholars are welcomed and supported at Memorial, and the institution's contributions of knowledge and experience are valued on all levels of society.
More than 19,400 students and 3,800 teachers and staff from more than 115 countries study, teach, conduct research, create, and participate in activities at our campuses and other locations. You can attend classes at one of Memorial University's several campuses in Newfoundland and Labrador or anywhere in the world; we also offer 475 courses online.
- St. John's campus
- Grenfell Campus
- Marine Institute
- Harlow Campus
- Signal Hill Campus
- Labrador Campus